Monday, June 20, 2011

XAVIER PRESTIGE TOURS

What about a Luxury Guided Tour to visit the Palace of Versailles?

By Xavier Danet, Xavier Prestige Tour




My name is Xavier. I've been a driver and guide in Paris for more than 15 years for the best palaces hotels, such as the Bristol and the Ritz. I created my company a few months ago, XAVIER PRESTIGE TOUR, and bought a limousine, Mercedes Class S 320.

I went to University, where I studied literature, art and history which enables me to guide my clients in Paris, but also in castles and museums, everywhere in France. I'm perfectly fluent in English and Spanish.



I’ll take you to Versailles, a palace to be seen, not only for its sumptuous architecture, but for the historic reasons that preceded its destiny. On the way, I’ll tell you about the history of the monarchy, why Versailles became a symbol of absolutism. I’ll blend history, social context and stories explaining the building of the palace.


After, the visit of the castle, I’ll take you to the gardens, designed by Le Notre, the Trianons, and the Queen’s hamlet. On the way, I’ll tell you about the influence of Nicolas Fouquet, the national treasurer, before his disgrace, and the lifestyle, “l’étiquette”, at the time of Louis XIV.


  • If you want to know more about Xavier Prestigetour, have a look at my website http://www.xavierprestigetour.com